Monday, April 23, 2018

Back at it

My 'spring break from quilting' of the past two weeks is over, and I was back to work in the sewing room today :)

First up, I layered and pinned the strawberry top.  It's 90" square, so this involved moving the table and chairs out of the dining room so I'd have a large-enough floor to spread it all out smoothly.  Making satisfactory progress with this one.

Then I pulled out a selection of 'Americana' colored swap blocks to play with.  I have accumulations of many styles of swap blocks from years gone by, sort of a library of blocks to choose from.  This particular set is pleasing as far as color coordination, and the block sizes are true (NOT always the case with swap blocks!), so that's a good start.  I'm going to be needing a donation quilt fairly soon -- we'll see what happens with these.

***************

No comments: